I love taking cooking classes at the Culinary Institute in New York City. You name it they have a class on it. It is perfect, classes are held in the evenings and on the weekends. Recently, I took a class on petite fours- small ovens. One of the petite fours I was made was a cashew turtle, which involved making a caramel. Well, I had a faulty candy Thermometer and my caramel burned. (Even though I had just learned the trick on testing thermometers.) So if you burn your caramel quickly pour the caramel through a strain and whisk in chocolate. It will take away the burnt flavor. I guess every fault really is a fashion. Personally I think our caramels tasted that must better with the over load of chocolate!