Every Christmas we have roast beef. This Christmas my fatherâ€™s eyes were rather large and he bought an entire side of beef! So next time you are in the kitchen roasting something, here are a few helpful reminders.
- To start a meat thermometer is key
- Roasting is not done with a lid
- Temperatures in roasting can range from 250 degrees F for a slow-roast to a 500 F
- Usually oven rack should be arranged in middle of the oven
- Roasting foods on a bone have more flavor than boneless
- Roast meat on a rack inside the roasting pan, so the meat does not stew in its own juices
- With meat roasts if you start it at high temperatures at around 450 for twenty minutes and reduce to 350 to 325- this will make the crust dark and crispy