About once a month, I attend a wine night with fr. We’ve tried everything from: white, red, sparkling, rose, regions, and last week- boxed! Now there are many different ways in which you could host a wine night. For now I will tell you how the one I attend is organized.
- It is usally about 14-15 people with new people coming each time.
- The hostess starts the evening by describing each of the wines that we will be trying. There are four wines wrapped up so we cannot see what we are tasting.
- We each pick a number out of a hat so groups are organized randomly.
- There is a sheet where we list things about each wine after we taste it from flavor to color.
- Once we have completed the rounds, the hostess does a recap and askes questions about what we thought about the different wines as they are revealed. (The hostess has titled this night Wine Snobs in Training)
- There is always scrumptious nibbles to be had!
- Each attendee chips in $10 to help cover the costs.
Now this wine night requires a lot of work on behalf of the hostess. Another way it could be done is each person brings a Pinot Grigio from Italy (with a little research) and the hostess prepares some Italian sides to accompany.
It is a great way to get new and old people together !