It is getting colder which mean soup season is back again. Here are a few reminders next time you have a bowl of soup in front of you.
- Do not blow on the soup
- Do not put the entire spoon in your mouth, slip it from the side
- The spoon is filled by moving the spoon away, but in eastern culturesit is the opposite with the spoon being filled with a movement towards you.
- Bring the spoon up to your mouth, don’t have your head over the bowl.
- Tip the bowl away from you when trying to get the last couple of spoonfuls
- If it is a two handled soup bowl it is okay to pick it up and sip from the bowl or use a spoon.
- Leave the soup spoon on the soup plate when done not in the bowl.